Presiding Judge Brazile issues new General Order restricting courthouse access to authorized parties only through June 22, 2020. Effective today, Order also delays Criminal & Civil cases while prioritizing Bail Review Hearings for the next 60 days. https://t.co/jYtKWpTxaD
— LA Superior Court (@LASuperiorCourt) March 24, 2020
Presiding Judge Brazile ordered, effective immediately, as follows:
• Access to any and all Los Angeles County Courthouses shall be restricted at
all times to Judges, Commissioners, court staff and authorized persons until
• Access to any and all court proceedings, including but not limited to
arraignments, preliminary hearings, motions, ex partes or trials, shall be
limited to parties, attorneys, witnesses and authorized persons until further
• The full and complete temporary public closure of the Sylmar Juvenile
Courthouse for three (3) days.
• The full and complete public closure of the Beverly Hills, Catalina and Spring
Street courthouses, until further notice.
• The Executive Officer/Clerk of Court may provide telephonic and electronic
assistance to assist in those essential services as outlined in the March 17,
2020 and March 19, 2020 Administrative Order of the Presiding Judge re:
• The suspension of any and all Criminal or Civil jury or non-jury trials per the
March 19, 2020 Administrative Order of the Presiding Judge re: COVID-19
Pandemic, including Unlawful Detainer trials, until further notice;
• In all Criminal cases, a 90-day continuance of any and all status reports and
• The continuance of any and all Criminal Misdemeanor cases with out-ofcustody defendants, for 90 days, unless otherwise statutorily required.
• Bail review hearings under Penal Code section 1275 for any and all
Misdemeanor or Felony pretrial detainees will be deemed a priority matter on
the court’s calendar for the next 60 days.
• Social distancing of at least six (6) feet shall be enforced in all courthouses
and courtrooms, to the extent possible.
CLICK HERE to View the Official Notice